Description: Cabrera Services, Inc., a growing radiological and environmental remediation company, seeks an Assistant Project Manager to manage a complex turnkey environmental remediation project and prepare proposals/ estimates for Department of Defense (DoD) and Superfund site cleanup opportunities. This position is based in the northern New Jersey/metropolitan New York City area.
This position requires in-depth knowledge and experience directing all phases of contaminated site remediation, including studies, design, permitting and regulatory negotiation, construction, remedial action and O&M. Candidates should have the demonstrated experience developing and leading implementation of remediation strategies, managing interdisciplinary project teams, controlling schedule and cost on FFP and cost-reimbursable projects, and maintaining positive working relationships with clients, regulators, subcontractors, union representatives and other stakeholders.
Previous experience should include site characterization, contaminated material excavation, sheeting & shoring, in situ dewatering, soil and groundwater treatment, in situ remediation, UST removal, asbestos abatement, decontamination, demolition, material handling, waste packaging, rail/truck transport and off-site disposal of remediation waste, utilities relocation/replacement, road and infrastructure construction, and oversight of on-site and off-site laboratories. Self-perform remediation, DoD FUSRAP and radioactive site remediation experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, geology, chemistry or a related field from an accredited college/university.
- 5+ years of project management experience and 3+ years of experience on large scale HTRW remediation projects
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and OSHA 8-hour Supervisory training
- Demonstrative estimating and schedule/cost management expertise
- Working knowledge of Federal subcontract procurement and environmental compliance regulations.
- Professional registration such as Professional Engineer (PE) or PMP certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Description of Ideal Candidate:
- He/She is a self-starter with significant diverse field supervisory experience and sound technical/regulatory knowledge who can effectively evaluate, interpret and communicate approved site procedures and specifications.
- He/She can manage and function as a member of a diverse project team committed to safety and client satisfaction while meeting performance objectives with a high level of quality.
- Experienced with Client interaction, taking detailed direction, clarifying specific requirements and participating in contract negotiations
- Capable of mentoring junior staff based on their strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Understands and is committed to ethical & professional conduct.
- Comfortable working in outdoor environments and field trailers and understands that the work schedules must remain reasonably flexible to support the overall Remediation Team schedule.
- Located within driving distance of Maywood NJ.
Cabrera Services is and EOE, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Benefits: Cabrera offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, flexible spending and 401(k). Pre-employment drug and background screening are required for all positions.
Forward resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org