Cabrera Services, Inc. (Cabrera) is searching for a Field Engineer to conduct field engineering duties for the Maywood FUSRAP Project. General duties cover the acquisition of technical information from field construction activities to support project documentation. This position is based in the northern New Jersey/metropolitan New York City area.
- Conduct field land surveys (as-built surveys) and engineering measurements;
- Create/update field drawings as-built surveys in AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS;
- Sample collection, data verification/tracking and database input;
- Monitor, record and track project metrics, e.g., soil excavated/loaded, backfill placement, labor hours by task; provide daily reports;
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering and construction staff and document resolution as required;
- Oversee site craft in the performance of their duties; verify and approve craft hours worked and maintain records for such;
- Other duties as assigned – typical duties include:
- Document existing site conditions prior to excavation;
- Monitor field conditions for safe excavation and environmental protection;
- Observe backfill placement and confirm compliance with sampling and compaction testing;
- Prepare site restoration drawings;
- Set grade stakes for site restoration;
- Calculate quantities for site remediation and restoration; and
- Design temporary and/or permanent storm water drainage and erosion controls.
Prefer civil engineering degree or equivalent; 0 to two years professional experience. CADD/ArcGIS experience and 40-hr HAZWOPER training required.
- Total Station Survey experience.
- Ability to read in English, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures. Ability to write in English, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak in English, effectively.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license required.
Stand, walk, use hands and digits to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, talk, hear and smell. Required to stoop, sit, kneel, crouch, or crawl as necessary. Perform lifting within the limits of company safety policies. Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Outside and field office trailer environment; Level D to Level B personal protection will occur on various areas on site and this position will need to dress out as part of its duties. The normal construction hours of operation are 7:00AM to 5:30PM, 10 hours/day, Monday through Thursday. Permanent on-site assignment required. Some overtime may be required.
Benefits: Cabrera offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, flexible spending and 401(k). Pre-employment drug and background screening are required for all positions.
Cabrera Services is and EOE, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Forward resume with salary history to email@example.com.