Under the oversight of a Site Superintendent, the Field Supervisor will be responsible for management of field crews conducting investigations, remediation, and load-out of impacted materials in support of the FUSRAP Maywood Remediation Team. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of assigned project field activities under the direction of the Construction Superintendent, project engineer, and cognizant project management.
- Serve as a liaison between project management and field staff, relaying anticipated or encountered problems as well as potential solutions to project supervision and management.
- Supervise and provide direction to technicians on proper and effective job performance.
- Provide health and safety coverage by monitoring on-site project personnel and ensuring compliance with the site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP) and Cabrera HS&E policies/procedures.
- Assist in supervision of field measurements to ensure collection and processing is completed in a technically defensible manner in accordance with approved work plans.
- Ensure work is completed per accordance with project plans and specifications, where applicable, and that all work is completed to appropriate quality standards.
- Deficiency identification, tracking, and reporting.
- Proficient with MS Office for the development of daily reporting requirements.
- Support construction close-out and post remedial action reporting efforts and;
- Other ad-hoc quality support tasks, as required by the project or assigned by the Project Manager or Site Superintendent.
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate shall have, at a minimum, the following qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related scientific/engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of field supervisory experience on large scale remediation or construction projects.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and OSHA 8-hour Supervisory training
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR training or equivalent preferred
- No physical restrictions preventing him or her from frequently lifting and /or moving up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- No specific vision restrictions affecting near-sighted vision or depth perception
- Ability to meet fitness-for-duty (drug & alcohol testing), medical, respirator use, background screening, training, strength/dexterity, and other requirements necessary for complete job performance. This is a HTRW field assignment with routine use of modified Level-D PPE, occasional use of elevated PPE and respiratory protection and; work in a wide range of temperatures expected.
- Significant prior experience in a similar role on a large-scale NORM soils handling, FUSRAP, CERCLA, FUDS, BRAC site preferred.
- Current Medical Clearance for work at hazardous waste sites with Respirator Qualification
- OSHA 30-hr Construction Safety Training OR BCSP certification as a Safety Trained Supervisor (STS)
- USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors Training (CQM-C)
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with significant diverse field supervisory experience and sound technical/regulatory knowledge who can effectively evaluate, interpret and communicate approved site procedures and specifications.
The ideal candidate can manage skilled craft labor in crews of six (6) people or more and function as a member of a diverse project team committed to safety and client satisfaction while meeting performance objectives with a high level of quality.
The ideal candidate understands and is committed to ethical & professional conduct, and understands the need to deliver high quality work in a safe manner.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in outdoor environments and field trailers and understands that the work schedules must remain reasonably flexible to support the overall Remediation Team schedule.
Please note that for this specific assignment travel compensation (e.g., mileage or per diem) will not be offered. Work hours are as directed by the client; current work schedule is Mon-Thu; 0700-1730.
Cabrera Services is and EOE, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Benefits: Cabrera offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, flexible spending and 401(k). Pre-employment drug and background screening are required for all positions.
Please forward resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.